Say goodbye to Kodi on your Windows 10 computer! Here’s how:
- Click the Windows icon in the bottom left corner of your screen to open the Start menu.
- Search “Control Panel” and click the result.
- Select “Uninstall a program” under the Programs category.
- Find and click on “Kodi”.
- Choose the “Uninstall” button at the top of the list or right-click on “Kodi” and select “Uninstall”.
- Follow additional instructions if they appear.
Kodi should now be removed from your computer. It’s worth mentioning that XBMC Foundation (formerly known as Xbox Media Center) developed Kodi. It’s like having a clingy ex who always wants you to watch their favorite movies, but with more buffering and less closure.
Understanding Kodi on Windows 10
Kodi is a feature-rich and versatile media player and entertainment hub. It’s highly compatible with Windows 10. With a user-friendly interface and customisable options, it’s been gaining popularity.
To understand its features, recognize its core functions. Kodi serves as a media hub for playing videos, music, podcasts, and viewing pictures. It has a library management system that lets users categorise and sort their media.
Moreover, Kodi has add-ons that extend its functionality. You can access online streaming services, live TV channels, radio stations, and even games in the application. You can also customise skins and layouts.
If you want to optimise Kodi on Windows 10, here are some tips:
- Install the latest versions of both Kodi and Windows 10. Updates give you access to new features and bug fixes that improve performance and security.
- Check out the official Kodi repository or third-party sources for add-ons. These can give you access to specific genres or niche services.
- Familiarise yourself with advanced settings. Adjust video and audio for optimal playback. Configure network settings for smoother streaming.
By understanding the capabilities of Kodi on Windows 10 and following these suggestions, you’ll get an enhanced multimedia experience. Enjoy a world of entertainment with Kodi on your Windows 10 device!
Why would you want to uninstall Kodi?
Considering uninstalling Kodi? Reasons could be:
- If Kodi is hogging your storage space, uninstalling it could free up room for other apps and files.
- There are many media player options that offer features or functionality that Kodi doesn’t have.
- Technical difficulties can occur with Kodi. If troubleshooting fails, uninstalling and reinstalling Kodi or using a different media player could be necessary.
Did you know Kodi began as Xbox Media Center (XBMC) in 2002? It was an open-source project, created by software engineers to turn their Xbox consoles into multimedia devices. Over time, this project evolved into what we now know as Kodi.
So, reasons to uninstall Kodi include limited storage, better features on other players, and technical difficulties. Be careful though – uninstalling Kodi could be like breaking up with a clingy ex!
Precautions before uninstalling Kodi
Before uninstalling Kodi, it’s important to take precautions. Doing this will help avoid any data loss or system disruptions. Follow these steps:
- Back up your data. Create a backup of user settings, add-ons, and media libraries. That way, you can restore them if needed in the future.
- Remove add-ons and repositories. Take out all installed add-ons and repositories before uninstalling. This’ll make sure no residual files or configurations are left behind.
- Disable auto-start options. If you enabled any auto-start options for Kodi, turn them off before uninstalling. That way, Kodi won’t start up by itself after you’ve uninstalled it.
These precautions will help maintain a seamless transition during the uninstallation process. To illustrate why, here’s a story: Someone once uninstalled Kodi without taking any precautions. As a result, they lost all their settings, add-ons, and media libraries. To avoid such an unfortunate situation, it’s highly recommended to follow the above precautions.
By following these steps, users can ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience when uninstalling Kodi from their Windows 10 system. Plus, don’t forget to terminate all processes related to Kodi. Otherwise, you won’t be able to uninstall it.
Step 1: Close Kodi and terminate all related processes
To properly uninstall Kodi on Windows 10, you must close the application and terminate all related processes. This step is key for a smooth removal from your system. Follow this 3-step guide:
- Open Task Manager: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc. Or, right-click the taskbar and select “Task Manager.”
- End Kodi Processes: In the Task Manager window, click “Processes.” Look for Kodi-related processes like “Kodi.exe” or “Kodi Launcher.” Select them one-by-one and click “End Task” at the bottom right corner.
- Confirm Terminating Processes: A pop-up window may appear. Check the box that says “Abandon unsaved data and shut down,” if applicable. Then click “End Process” to confirm.
By following these steps, you will successfully close Kodi and terminate all its related processes. This prepares your system for a complete uninstallation.
It’s important to note that Kodi is an open-source media player software developed by XBMC Foundation. Uninstalling via Control Panel might feel like breaking up with a clingy ex. But trust me, it’s for the best.
Step 2: Uninstall Kodi via Control Panel
- Press the Windows key or click the Start button in the bottom left corner.
- Type “Control Panel” in the search bar and select it from the results.
- Click on “Uninstall a program” in the Control Panel window.
- Scroll through the list until you find Kodi.
- Click on Kodi, then click “Uninstall” at the top of the list.
- Follow any additional instructions to complete the process.
Kodi itself is a legal media player, but some people have used third-party add-ons to access copyrighted content illegally. Don’t let these actions taint Kodi’s good name!
To make sure no creepy software remnants are lurking in your computer’s registry, uninstall Kodi fully.
Step 3: Remove Kodi leftovers from the Registry
Say goodbye to your Kodi folders and files! To completely remove them from your Windows 10 computer, it’s necessary to delete any leftovers from the Registry.
Follow these steps to get rid of the leftovers:
- Press Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “regedit” in the box and click OK.
- In the Registry Editor window, navigate to
- Look for any entries related to Kodi and delete them one by one.
- Navigate to
- Search for any entries associated with Kodi and delete them.
That’s it! You will make sure that all Kodi remnants are gone from the Registry.
Before changing the Registry, create a backup. This way, you can restore it if needed.
Be careful while modifying the Registry. Deleting or modifying incorrect entries can cause system instability or other issues. If you are unsure about any specific entry, find professional assistance or don’t delete it.
Step 4: Delete Kodi folders and files
- Use the Windows key + E to open the File Explorer.
- Navigate to the Kodi location. Usually, it’s in the “Program Files” or “Program Files (x86)” folder.
- Look for a folder named “Kodi”. Right-click on it.
- Choose “Delete” from the menu that appears.
- You may be asked for permission to delete the folder. Click “Yes”.
These steps will let you delete Kodi folders and files from your Windows 10 system.
You’ll then have no traces of Kodi on your PC, freeing up disk space and making a complete uninstallation.
Now you know how to remove Kodi. Take control of your device’s performance and make room for other apps. Try today and optimize your system!
Step 5: Clear Kodi related data and settings
Unleash the power of a fresh start by clearing Kodi related data and settings on your Windows 10 computer. Follow these steps:
- Open Kodi.
- Find the ‘Settings’ option, usually in the top left corner of the screen.
- Click on ‘System Settings’.
- Scroll down to find the ‘File Manager’ option and click it.
- In the list of file sources, double-click on ‘Profile Directory’.
- Locate the ‘Database’ folder and open it.
- Delete any files inside this folder. They store info about your library, addons, and preferences.
- Restart Kodi for the changes to take effect.
- Make a backup of important data before proceeding. Deleting them will result in permanent loss.
By deleting these files, you are essentially resetting Kodi to its default state! So, let go of the past and start anew with Kodi on your Windows 10 system.
Uninstalling Kodi from Windows 10 is simple. Just follow the steps in this article. Note: Uninstalling will delete all associated files and data.
- Go to ‘Control Panel’ on Windows 10.
- Select ‘Programs’, then ‘Uninstall a program’.
- In the list of installed programs, locate Kodi.
- Right-click on it and select ‘Uninstall’.
- Confirm when prompted and Kodi will uninstall.
Note: All addons, repositories, skins, and settings will be removed. Backup any important data or configurations beforehand.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I uninstall Kodi on Windows 10?
- Go to the Start menu and open the Control Panel.
- Click on "Uninstall a program" under the "Programs" section.
- Find Kodi in the list of installed programs.
- Right-click on Kodi and select "Uninstall".
- Follow the prompts to complete the uninstallation process.